These are incredibly moist and fluffy muffins. Like, super tender. I love it. I don’t think I have ever made such fluffy muffins (or cupcakes) before. These are technically naked cupcakes, but since they don’t have frosting, I have declared them muffins.
I decided at 11 pm today, on a Sunday night, that I wanted something incredibly chocolatey. I never make the situation easy for myself. I could have eaten a piece of chocolate.
Nope. I needed to BAKE SOMETHING.
I quickly skimmed some of my recipes, made a few mods, threw everything in a bowl and baked 2 batches of these muffins in an hour. I appeased my craving BEFORE midnight.
If you want something quick because you have guests are coming over last-minute, a forgotten bake-sale crept up on you or you are a late-night chocolate fiend like me, this recipe is for you.
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- between 1 3/4 cup – 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup oil (I used olive)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350’F
- Line muffin tray with paper liners**
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, whip all wet ingredients together
- Pour wet ingredients in to dry, and mix until well combined, maybe 20-30 seconds
- Batter will be thinner, almost like pancake batter
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter in to each liner ***
- Bake at 350’F for 20-25 minutes.
- Insert toothpick in to centre, it will come out clean when they are done
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
This recipe makes 24 muffins
** I recommend using larger muffin liners, that sit above the tray top
*** If using smaller liners, you will need to pour less batter in to each one so you do not have them overfilled and overflow as they rise